Armidale Visitor Information
Welcome to Armidale
Armidale is a beautiful city located in the Northern Tablelands region of New South Wales. Known for its rich history, stunning natural scenery, and vibrant arts and culture scene, Armidale is a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Australia.
Getting to Armidale
Armidale has its own airport, which is serviced by QantasLink and Regional Express Airlines. You can also drive to Armidale from Sydney in around 5 hours, or from Brisbane in around 3.5 hours.
- New England National Park: This stunning park is home to World Heritage-listed rainforests, scenic waterfalls, and incredible wildlife. It's a must-visit for any nature lover.
- Cathedral Rock National Park: Another breathtaking natural wonder, Cathedral Rock is a popular spot for hiking, rock climbing, and picnicking.
- Armidale Farmers' Market: Held every Sunday, this market is a great place to sample the best local produce, from fresh fruits and vegetables to artisan cheeses and wines.
- Armidale Art Gallery: Showcasing the works of local artists, as well as national and international exhibitions, this gallery is a must-visit for art lovers.
- Armidale Heritage Tour: Take a guided tour of Armidale's historic buildings and landmarks, and learn about the city's rich history.
Where to Stay
Armidale offers a range of accommodation options to suit any budget and preference. From luxury hotels and resorts to cozy bed and breakfasts, there's something for everyone.
Where to Eat
Armidale is known for its gastronomic delights, with a range of cafes, restaurants, and pubs serving up delicious cuisine. Be sure to try the local specialty, black truffles, which are grown in the surrounding region.
Armidale is a hidden gem of New South Wales, offering visitors a unique blend of natural beauty, history, and culture. Whether you're a nature lover, an art enthusiast, or a foodie, there's something for everyone in Armidale.